Thursday, February 15, 2024
ANA Gallery @ the Rogers Experimental House
121 W. Walnut Street Rogers, AR 72756
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Free and open to the public.
Diane will talk about the new Urban Sketchers Fayetteville, AR group. She will explain who we are, what we do and invite you to join the fun. Time permitting, we will do some sketching, too! Urban Sketchers is a global community of sketchers dedicated to the practice of on-location drawing. We share our love for the places where we live and travel—one drawing at a time.
Vision & Values
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live, and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
About Diane Stinebaugh:
Diane Stinebaugh has been a member of the Artists of Northwest Arkansas off and on since the early 2000’s. She was an art teacher for 34 years and just finished 22 years at Fayetteville High School. Diane works mostly in watercolor and drawing. Her artwork has been accepted and placed in both Reginal and National art shows. She has also painted illustrations for 3 children’s books. Diane paints and draws with the Plein Air Painters of the Ozarks, Heart of America Art Association and the Urban Sketchers of Kansas City. She has artwork in the Art Gallery at the NWA Mall and Terra Studios.
Recently Diane has been asked to help start up Urban Sketchers of Fayetteville. This is a group that meets and draws on location at least once a month. This group is what my talk will be about.
Join us in February for this program.